Things I’m learning about comic books:
They can take your mind off of your really really shitty horrible no good very bad days.
#well #the really brilliant ones can #and i'm reading a really brilliant one right now #so yeah
send me a tumblr user’s url and I’ll tell you what I think of them
Source: loganecholled -via- zz-bottom
“what you say, bro?”
“dog. can i pet it one time?”
Source: caroljessie -via- theappleppielifestyle
The Beatles owe soooooo much to teenage girls for their success like i’m pretty sure it was teenage girls who were screaming and fainting at shows and buying all those records and not old ponytailed dudes or moody teen boys with bad hair? and somehow everyone forgets that when they’re yelling about “real music” and putting down teen girls for the performers they get excited about. like whatever. I see you.
Source: davidbyrne -via- theappleppielifestyle
Never not going to reblog this
THIS. ALWAYS THIS.
bless his perfect soul
I know that not everyone is a fan of John Green, but this is a wonderful illustration of something that we keep having to talk about.
You don’t owe anyone sex. Ever. And if your partner isn’t okay with that, they are an asshat. See, the venn diagram proves it.
You all deserve partners who respect your boundaries and are more interested in your consent than in their sex drive.
Source: this-isakindness -via- theappleppielifestyle
u know how sometimes if u eat too much of a certain food you get sick of it
like my mom used to make spaghetti several times a week for YEARS bc it was quick and easy so now im kinda “meh” about spaghetti
you know that feeling??
that’s how i feel about white cis male protagonists
Source: i-effed-it-all-up -via- theappleppielifestyle
"Here is how the internship scam works. It’s not about a “skills” gap. It’s about a morality gap.
1) Make higher education worthless by redefining “skill” as a specific corporate contribution. Tell young people they have no skills.
2) With “skill” irrelevant, require experience. Make internship sole path to experience. Make internships unpaid, locking out all but rich.
3) End on the job training for entry level jobs. Educated told skills are irrelevant. Uneducated told they have no way to obtain skills.
4) As wealthy progress on professional career path, middle and lower class youth take service jobs to pay off massive educational debt.
5) Make these part-time jobs not “count” on resume. Hire on prestige, not skill or education. Punish those who need to work to survive.
6) Punish young people who never found any kind of work the hardest. Make them untouchables — unhireable.
7) Tell wealthy people they are “privileged” to be working 40 hrs/week for free. Don’t tell them what kind of “privileged” it is.
8) Make status quo commentary written by unpaid interns or people hiring unpaid interns. They will tell you it’s your fault.
9) Young people, it is not your fault. Speak out. Fight back. Bankrupt the prestige economy."
this comes from the top rope.
I pretty much hit reblog on this after point 1 alone.
Getting a job right now is like the biggest bullshit in the world for so many reasons and none of those reasons are that young adults aren’t trying
Source: brutereason -via- cat-mon-du
Tell Me; Who’d you cast as me?
Bonus: Tell me who’d you cast as my love interest.
Double Bonus: Tell me who’d you cast as my best friend
Source: maliaecoyote -via- lauradefendszeearth
you ever notice in all this anti-selfie talk no one ever mentions those gawdawful pictures of men taking pictures of themselves in the bathroom with one side of their shirts pulled up.
Source: ttfkagb -via- lauradefendszeearth
Source: sizvideos -via- brokenpartsthatfit
Source: plutojonze -via- the-creep-show
THIS IS WHAT A WORLD LEADER LOOKS LIKE.
DESMOND TUTU, I OFFICIALLY LOVE YOU.
"I would refuse to go to a homophobic heaven. No, I would say sorry, I mean I would much rather go to the other place," Archbishop Tutu said at the launch of the Free and Equal campaign in Cape Town.
"I would not worship a God who is homophobic and that is how deeply I feel about this."
Archbishop Tutu said the campaign against homophobia was similar to the campaign waged against racism in South Africa.
"I am as passionate about this campaign as I ever was about apartheid. For me, it is at the same level," he added.
[source: BBC News]
Source: confessionsofamichaelstipe -via- isnerdy
This is probably how they convinced Tom to join…
Source: the-middle-eastern-stig -via- lokiyoufuck
Source: oenomaus -via- ofpotterandwho